Chicago, IL or Costa Mesa, CA
J.M. Neil is looking for a Civil Engineer who possesses strong oral and written communication skills with the instinctive ability to be adaptable to an ever-changing environment. The candidate must also be available for occasional overtime and must have an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees civil engineering program and ensures projects are executed and completed in accordance with the goals of the program
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for different Civil/Structural commodities.
- Performs work using Standard Application Programs and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
- Develops, implements and manages gate process for civil engineering program; includes establishing governance model and checkpoint criteria
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Participates in development of engineering processes, standards, and tools/programs.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Prepares engineering reports and presenting the results of the investigations and reports to members of the project team.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of engineering program and leadership expectations.
- Works in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of functional, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Civil Engineering preferred; MBA preferred
- PE license required; stamp in IL or NY preferred
- Must have experience managing multiple projects, multiple project managers, and multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and across widely varying stakeholders in an organization
- Working knowledge of codes and standards related to telecom structures
- CADD automation skills using Autodesk AutoCAD Software.
- Experience using RISA Tower software
- Experience using MS Excel and other general purpose software for engineering calculations
- Experience using AutoCAD drafting/modeling software
The chosen candidate will be offered an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications, send your resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
J.M. Neil is an EOE M/F/V/D