J.M. Neil is seeking a Designer for an exciting Job Opportunity with a World class Manufacturing and Engineering Supplier. CATIA proficiency and or expertise is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Automotive Interior/exterior Design experience of plastic and soft trim Assemblies and/or components, with abilities ranging from Class A surface modeling to B side surface creation per OEM design standards
- Team Center proficient, capable of acquiring and/or releasing designs per OEM requirements.
- Perform design activities including but not limited to, packaging studies, file comparisons, draft analysis, simulations, master section creation of key interface areas and/or attachment points.
- Ability to create electronic 2d Assembly/component drawings with appropriate GD&T symbology and application.
- Ensure the quality of the Design Engineering deliverables (integrity of the design), and report any discrepancies to the Product Engineer and/or Program Manager.
- Identifies and creates product design specifications for a wide variety of highly complex product components to obtain operational, cost, quality, and/or manufacturing feasibility improvements.
- Ensures new product designs to a level of production feasibility within allocated timing, meeting all objectives of the development program including investment (tooling and equipment), product cost, product performance, and quality
- Leads Theoretical Product Design Verification activities as required. As required reviews, completes and submits all Design Work Orders.
- Coordinates company designs with vendor firms by consulting with vendor representatives regarding changes.
- Provides technical support and follow-up on Design/Product activities.
- Document all activities as required.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
- Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office and plant environment, able to conduct normal amount of work on a computer.
- Up to 15 % travel may be required
- Advise Department Manager and/or Program Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product designs.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system.
- 3-5 years Interior/Exterior Automotive CAD design experience.
- Proficiency with OEM CAD software (Unigraphics/NX, Catia) as required by program award (CAD software Certifications desired)
- Prefer Associates Degree in CAD Design related field of study or equivalent.
- Design Software certification based on OEM awarded business.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
J.M. Neil is an EOE, M/F/V/D