Overland Park, KS
J.M. Neil is seeking a Developer who performs medium complexity (i.e. application modules) analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents. The candidate also resolves defects encountered during various testing cycles.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Professional certification desired. 2-4 years software development experience.
Other Skills include:
- Strong database design skills.
- 5+ Years of Strong PL/SQL experience.
- Expertise in Oracle Database 11g, performance tuning, OLTP, PL/SQL & T-SQL programming, Data Warehouse, Reporting and Shell Scripting
- Strong Pl/SQL programming, writing store procedures.
- Database Tuning and Optimization, Normalization
- Tables, Constraints, Indexes, Triggers, Cursors, Ref Cursors, anonymous blocks, directories, sequences, synonyms.
- Tuning of complex SQL queries using EXPLAIN PLAN, Hints
- Used Materialized Views, Packages and Dynamic SQL
- Unix Shell Scripts for scheduling jobs in Unix/Linux, regular backups, instance start/shutdown and migrating data into tables
- Should know best practices to handle Production Environment
- Information on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design concepts.
- Data security, communication, and exchange best practices.
- Experience working with programming paradigms such as Agile/Test Driven Development
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Experience in wireless Telecom is plus.
J.M. Neil & Assoc., Inc. is an EOE, AA, M/F/D/V