Overland Park, KS
The Developer must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks. The chosen candidate is responsible for the identification and adoption of new, emerging technologies that will be an integral part of the business's success. The developer must have excellent written and oral skills because he/she will work on multiple projects and solve the most complex problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with standardizing the enterprise process for selecting new technologies.
- Monitors effectiveness of latest technologies.
- Develops and improves strategic processes and direction for projects.
- Provides direction for entire project and project team.
- Will operate within an agile SCRUM methodology
- Solid background in the fundamentals of software development
- Able to succeed in a fast-moving high-demand environment and willing to roll up your sleeves when necessary
- Adaptable and willing to approach tasks with velocity and a high metabolism
- Excitement and willingness to learn new technologies and tackle BIG issues
- Developer performs Java and Android development
- Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of Android UI constructs and multi-threading in the Android environment; including HTTP and XML processing in the Android application environment and delivered applications in the Google marketplace.
- Attention to detail and established pattern of successful code implementation.
- Self-managed, self-motivated and committed to quality, on-time delivery of work product.
- Bachelor’s Degree and post graduate degree desired along with 5+ years of related work experience.
- Three years of experience in the following areas: Postgres database, Telecom data, Puppet or Chef
- Java Developer Experience (intermediate level)
- Scripting experience - Python; Bash
- Three years project management and project implementation experience
- Required technical skills and experience:
- Experience with Hadoop - Hortonworks; Cluster tuning, planning & deployment; Data access control; Software updates
- DBA experience - SQL Database; Data manipulation
- NoSQL Experience - Cassandra; MongoDB
Please send resume to email@example.com
J.M. Neil is an EOE, M/F/V/D