J.M. Neil has an urgent need for an Operations Engineer. The Telecom Operations Engineer will be Troubleshooting Wireless/Telecom systems. Successful Candidate must have domain knowledge in either Telecom Billing systems OR Telecom Retail systems. Broad knowledge across these domains is highly preferred. In addition, broad knowledge of wireless telecom is highly preferred. Telecom Billing Systems: Billing, Invoicing, Payment processing, Care systems interfacing, etc. Telecom Retail Systems: Order Entry, Online retail checkout web-apps, Android/iOS checkout apps, Provisioning, Activation, Buy-flows, Device logistics, etc.
- Perform tickets-triaging to identify impacted systems and work with SMEs to troubleshoot the issues.
- Conduct root cause analysis on critical/major system events and institute preventative actions to eliminate future incidents.
- Accountable for understanding and managing services across highly complex ecosystems cutting across multiple technologies, groups, vendors and systems. Requires detailed understanding of complex interdependencies/intradependencies.
- Accountable for providing technical assessment of complex changes across ecosystems to ensure resolutions of potential conflicts before impacting intra-/inter-related vertical systems. Develops and reports on metrics which show system uptime and overall service desk compliance to ITIL standards.
- Interact with Customer Care teams to handle customer initiated issues, and be able to troubleshoot it, either by requesting additional details, or investigating further to provide enough detail for development teams.
- Interact with Development teams to agree on solution for fixes, and negotiate timelines and priorities.
- Interact with Network Operation Center to handle network and system incidents affecting customer experience. Coordinate activities among different teams to achieve a common solution.
- Analyze the current state of the application and infrastructure, defining appropriate enhancements and working with development teams to implement them.
- Coordinate and participate in emergency responses, perform root cause analysis, identify and work with development teams to implement solutions to prevent re-occurrences.
- Collaborate with QA engineers, lead developers and solution architects and take initiative to advance the quality, performance and scalability of our applications by influencing the architecture and design of our products with ‘operability’ in mind.
- Review broken processes that may impact on customer experience to reduce number of customer initiated tickets.
- Review system design, prepare and execute performance test plans to identify performance and scalability issues.
- Availability for on-call schedule for Severity 1 Tickets Skills.
- At least 4+ years’ experience in similar role.
- Broad Telecom experience on Order Entry, Provisioning, Billing and Care systems.
- Strong trouble-shooting and analysis skills and problem-solving ability • Experienced Test/QA engineer of BSS and/or OSS systems • Experience on Agile Environments.
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 billing and provisioning production environment.
- Knowledge and experience on Postpaid and Prepaid Mobile Carriers.
- Experience on MVNO environment.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering
J.M. Neil is an EOE, AA, M/F/D/V